How Do I Choose The Right Keyboard Lab For My School?
So you’re thinking of setting up your class with a new Keyboard Lab System, but not sure where to start? Not to worry! The Personal Service Consultants here at MusiciansBuy.com have helped hundreds of schools, colleges, and universities around the US take their musical education classes to the next level. In this blog, we’ll discuss some of the basics you’ll want to consider, as well as the custom options we offer, and give you direct access to some of the most courteous and professional consultants in the music industry!
When you visit us at www.MusiciansBuy.com, or our dedicated lab site, www.piano-labs.com, you’ll find a variety of pre-assembled Keyboard Labs utilizing the Yamaha LC4 Lab System. As you’ll see, they are available in 8,16,24, and 32 Student labs, all including an additional station for the teacher. The first thing we’ll want to decide is how many students we need to accommodate. If there’s a need for a specific number of students outside these configurations, you can contact us direct at the info below for a custom made quote.
Next, we’ll want to decide which keyboard will best fit the needs of your classroom. MusiciansBuy offers an array of choices to fit any playing and teaching style. Here are some things to consider:
- How many keys do I want/need?
- Is touch sensitivity important?
- Are weighted keys a necessity?
- How much space do I have to work with?
- Will a basic Sustain pedal do, or do I need a traditional 3-pedal setup?
Once we have a keyboard in mind, we can look at some of the basic accessories that will be needed to complete your lab, such as stands and benches. Using the Lab Configurator on www.piano-labs.com, you can easily mix and match different stands and benches to best fit your spacing and budget needs.
Don’t see the keyboard you’re interested in? We’ll definitely have an option for you! We’ve assembled many higher end custom labs with the extra features needed, especially at the College / University level.
The Yamaha LC4 Lab System will include the rest of the components you’ll need to connect and use your lab, with minimal setup. Included with the LC4 will be headsets w/ microphones for each student and teacher, the student boxes to connect the student and keyboard, the main hub and the teacher’s master controller. Also included is Ethernet cabling to connect all of the keyboards to the hub and master controller.
In the last year, Yamaha has released an extremely useful technology upgrade to the LC4 System, a Wifi-Kit that allows all the functionality of the teacher’s master controller through their iPad! Now the teacher is free to roam the class with their iPad and wireless headset, and have more one-on-one interactions with the students. We’ve had a lot of great feedback from teachers on this useful tool.
Here at MusiciansBuy, we want to make sure you’re able to get the most out of your lab, and that’s why you’ll have a dedicated service consultant to help you through every step of the process. From picking out your lab, to shipping notifications, setup consultations, and lifetime service and support assistance, we’ll be here to help so you can focus on what’s most important…your students!
Contact us today for your free consultation! 877-778-7845
Monday-Friday 9:30am - 6:00pm EST
Saturday and Sunday by appointment
- Satisfaction Guarantee - We guarantee your satisfaction. If you are not happy for any reason, we'll make it right.
- FREE Unlimited Technical Support from our trained School Lab technicians.
- We sell only the best brand names in school piano lab equipment
- We offer a low price guarantee and educator discounts (where applicable).
- Equipment is delivered directly to your school and ready to be setup.
- Our trained associates can answer any questions you have about the setup and installation of your school lab system.
- We offer piano labs in many different budgets and price ranges.